1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recomend a luthier for fret dress/crowning in MD, DC, or N. Virginia; or PLEK a 71P?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Jim C, May 5, 2010.

1. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    I don't mind working on SX's but need some minor fret work on a CAR 71P that should be done by a pro.
    Also, does it make sense to send it out for a PLEK job; have no idea as to who or how much that might cost

Your advice is appreciated

(and it was built 39 years ago today on Mexican Indpendance Day; bet the afternoon shift at Fender was not turning out the best work that day)

2. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    Plek is a bit much for an SX, but I had Phil Jacoby at Philtone.com in Baltimore do work on my SX jazz and it plays like a dream. Don't know exactly where you are, but it's a little far from NoVa.

3. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    You could try Erikbojerik. I think Wilser is probably busy, if not send me a PM.

4. Greg75

Greg75

Nov 20, 2009
    Santa Monica
    Greg at Metro Guitar in Arlington (or is it Alexandria?) does great work. His shop is off of 23rd St, about 10 blocks east of 1 (Jefferson Davis Hwy).