1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

recomend a source for tort p-bass pick gaurd

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by j_nition, Nov 12, 2010.

1. j_nition

j_nition

Jul 28, 2009
    I'm going to add one bit of criteria, it has to be sub $30. GO!!

2. bassbenj

bassbenj

Aug 11, 2009
    GC had some but they were Genuine Fender and were $44 each. They also carry another brand which sell for $29 but none of the ones at my GC were Tort. White or Black...no problemo.

3. The sub $30 ones I've seen have been 2 ply and IMO it's worth the extra $15 to get 3 ply.

4. j_nition

j_nition

Jul 28, 2009
  5. Tusec

Tusec

Jan 10, 2010
  6. michael_atw

michael_atw

Feb 28, 2009
    Jamestown, NY
    Fender. What model are you looking for? I pick them up occasionally off basses I flip. I know Jazzes are slightly different per model...not sure if P-basses are as well.

The cheaper the tort, the uglier it is to me. I've had Mighty Mites, for example, and they just look terrible...I can't stand it.

7. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Pickguardian has the best looking tort material and has great service, also.

www.pickguardian.com

8. One question: is it an actual Fender, or something else? The bass you want a PG for, if it's anything other than a Fender can complicate things further. And I doubt you'll find one for under $40.

9. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
  10. j_nition

j_nition

Jul 28, 2009
    ouch! thats like $70!

11. pedulla-2007

pedulla-2007 Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2008
    texas
    These guys are the rolls royce of pickguards. I bought a Fender P5 body on the internet, and Eric in sales sent me a paper template to make sure he had the proper replacement pickguard. Not to many PG companies will do that IMO. It was a perfect fit by the way. Black/creme/black for 69.00, it was worth every penny! Good luck!