recomendations for 1x15 cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PatSht, Jan 23, 2009.

1. PatSht

PatSht

Aug 8, 2007
    So, i own a ashdown mag 210 combo. the combo works pretty well, and i got a killer deal on it. however, i'm just not getting the warm bottom end im looking for, and i think its time to add a 1x15 extension to the bottom.

Anyone have any suggestions on moderately priced 1 x 15's that would work well? I know ampeg 115's are beautiful, and orange makes a nasty 115, but theyre both out of my price range. thanks for any help.

2. PSPookie

PSPookie Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    Why not pick up an Ashdown 1x15? Staying within the same brand and preferably in the same product line will help to assure that the voicing of the cabs in qustion are complimentary to one another.

3. lazyone2

lazyone2

Jul 27, 2006
    new jersey shore
    You should be able to pick up a Hartke 115XL for under $200.

4. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Used Peavey. :)

5. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    Ashdown Mag115 is only $230 @ MF. Avatar sells a Neo 112 for $269. I seriously suggest you consider a single 12" - many of them are plenty warm, fat & low.

6. +1 I had an Ashdown mag 2x10 + 115 sounded great...

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021