recommend 6 strings

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wezzz, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Wezzz

Sep 19, 2004
    howdy, as a result of having severe GAS i am now contemplating the purchase of a 6 string bass, however i know very little about that specific area of the bass market

im looking for something with wide spacing; tree trunk necks pose no problem for me but i cant abide the slim spacing on ernie balls etc

any recommendations would be much appreciated, thanks

2. Wide spacing.....tree trunk neck..... WARWICK! :D
  3. If you like wide neck, I opt you to try out a Warwick Thumb Bolt-On Wide Neck 6. They have massive spacing.

Thumb Bolt-On
  4. quatre03

Aug 20, 2004
    for about 500 you can get an Ibanez BTB406QM their decent basses, they have a basswood body and you might want to replace the pickups, it has an 18v preamp and 19mm string spacing. overall a nice bass for under 800.

I just got a Yamaha TRB-6P, normaly 3000 i found my for about 1000, you can find it cheaper than that someone on here is selling one. it has a 4 string esk 19mm string sbacing.

anymore than that you can get an Ibanez BTB1006 it also has a 19mm string spacing with a set of bartolini pickups and preamp.

for about 1600 you can actualy get a bass custom made by on of out talk bass members by the name of JPBass :bassist: