1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

recommend 6 strings

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wezzz, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Wezzz

Wezzz

Sep 19, 2004
    howdy, as a result of having severe GAS i am now contemplating the purchase of a 6 string bass, however i know very little about that specific area of the bass market

im looking for something with wide spacing; tree trunk necks pose no problem for me but i cant abide the slim spacing on ernie balls etc

any recommendations would be much appreciated, thanks

wes

2. Wide spacing.....tree trunk neck..... WARWICK! :D

3. If you like wide neck, I opt you to try out a Warwick Thumb Bolt-On Wide Neck 6. They have massive spacing.

Thumb Bolt-On

4. quatre03

quatre03

Aug 20, 2004
    for about 500 you can get an Ibanez BTB406QM their decent basses, they have a basswood body and you might want to replace the pickups, it has an 18v preamp and 19mm string spacing. overall a nice bass for under 800.

I just got a Yamaha TRB-6P, normaly 3000 i found my for about 1000, you can find it cheaper than that someone on here is selling one. it has a 4 string esk 19mm string sbacing.

anymore than that you can get an Ibanez BTB1006 it also has a 19mm string spacing with a set of bartolini pickups and preamp.

for about 1600 you can actualy get a bass custom made by on of out talk bass members by the name of JPBass :bassist: