Recommend a cab for my Ampeg SVT Classic...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rulyøngo, Feb 28, 2006.

1. I know this is a tired issue, but if any of the fellow TB'ers can help me... I recenty sold a SWR Goliath SR. to downsize a bit my gear... What do you guys recommend??? (my dream cab is the Bergantino NV610, but i'm looking for something smaller) I really like the Epifani UL 212, but also like the Ampeg 410HLF... I play mostly rock (both fingerstyle and slap) with very loud drummer and louder guitarist...

Help!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:
  2. I've been shopping for a new Ampeg rig for the
    past couple months and I'm probably going to
    buy the SVT-CL w/the 410HLF. I prefer the
    410hlf over the 810e. Monster power/low end.
    I play hard rock - pick & fingerstyle.

Berg&Epi are real nice - just not my thing
  3. If it comes with a roadie i will buy it!!!:p :p :p
  4. Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    I love my SVT-410HLF- great cab. But I haven't heard many others, and there are a bunch of them out there, probably with better speakers. With the Classic, I would only consider 10's, and a very high quality 2X10 cab would probably shock you. But your head would be the same size as your cab - looks a little strange, but hey, if it sounds good nobody cares.

With the Classic/SVT410HLF combination, you just have to be very careful about the sound getting *too* bassey. You have to turn the bass to about 11 o'clock or less, and let the ported 410HLF do it's thing. Then your sound will be very good. And the bonus is, you'll finally have a head that fits right into those 4 holes on top of the SVT-410HLF, and for some reason will make you happier than it should. These 2 *were* made for each other.

5. ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    I always wondered about playing an SVT-CL or similar tube amp through a Schroeder 1210. Besides looking a bit funny, I'm sure that think would cut through your loud bandmates like a scalpel.

I don't think you can downsize any more than by using a Schroeder and still keep 410-ish volume levels.
  6. i was looking into the Schroeder too, it seems very nice!!!

I also remember the 410 hlf being very bassy!!!
  7. I've been playing through an SWR S-Redhead for so long, maybe I'm bass-starved. I love the CL/HLF combo.
  8. I guess right now the Schroeder 410 is the winner!!!