Recommend a good affordable drum machine?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by StrudelBass, Oct 27, 2002.

1. StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    Anybody know of any? Ranging from 100 to 200?
  2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

If you're after something simple around this price, you may as well get a Korg Pandora.

In addition to the drum machine, you'll have a bunch of effects, sampler, bass eraser to play on CDs, preamp and headphones amp.
    The PX-3 B goes for 170 us$, the newer PX-4 B (with more rhythm patterns and amp modelization) for 220 us$
  3. redjeep!

redjeep! Guest

Jan 19, 2002
    The only problem with the Korgs is that you can't change the preset drum patterns. So the factory supplied ones may or may not match what you need. On the other hand all the other features may be useful to you (I like my PX-3B).

I'm also looking for a cheap drum machine and the one that seems to fit the bill is the Alesis. I don't know the model # but it's advertised by MF for $199. Perhaps somebody who has one can advise ?

The other alternative may be to get one of the freeware s/w versions that you can get off the net - Hammerhead seems to be OK.

4. Ive got a boss Dr. rhythm 660 whitch works nice you might want to look into one of them. You should be able to find a used 660 pretty cheep. The new 670 ones are about 295.00 at(mf).
  5. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    The Alesis SR16 has been around forever and is still being sold new. It's a nice box; very easy to use.
  6. basskunk

Oct 16, 2001
  7. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Agree. And I have one for sale here in the for sale area.

Click here
  8. deepbob

Oct 3, 2001
    left field
    these are all done with a Dr.Rythm DR-770, bought onsale at MF...

our thing

hard to reach places

pluralistic ignorance

very easy to program, something like 50 kits, with space to fill up many user editable kits and sounds. comes with 400 preprogrammed patterns, and room for many songs. has something like 20 or so effect/EQ settings, like 'flange and bass', 'phased' or 'garage'.

the quantizer goes up to 32nd triplets and the 'swing values' are adjustable between something like 60-20%.

very flexible and easy to use for my needs, which grew extensively as soon as this piece of equipment starting being put to use +-)

ie, these extras are worth the extra cash if you can swing it.