Recommend a good chorus pedal to me...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SoyBase, Mar 9, 2005.

1. SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    I searched around and found some useful info, but I didn't find too much in the way of sub $100 units.

I'm interested in the EHX Small Clone (Love EHX stuff), Boss and Digitech..

I don't want anything crazy, but want something that will beef up chords/solo stuff without having a fast rate.

I'm thinking the EHX with the one knob would be a good match.

Any advice here?

2. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i have the Boss Chorus Ensemble. it works well enough. it also has the high/low knob so you can apply different amounts of chorus to the highs vs the lows.
  3. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I have a basic Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus Pedal. Works fine for me.
  4. Ditto. I just got one freebie. I like it better than the old version 2. More control...nice wet sound.
  5. Just got the EBS Unichorus and its great as it can also do Flanger as well. The chorus is far better than the Boss CEB3 really full and lush yet you retain your bottom at the same time
  6. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    I LOVE the TC electronic chorus. Great pedal that does flange as well. I have a EBS unichorus and I would have to say that the T.C. electronic is more lush than the Unichorus. Which sometimes makes the Unichorus a better choice. Still either are giant step above the boss
  7. SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    I should have been more specific in sub $100 units. I want something under $100...

I know its a long shot, but its a rarely used pedal, so its not going to be super important in my signal chain. At least, thats what i'm thinking now..
  8. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    the CEB-3 is 59.99 at Musicians Friend.
  9. SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Thats a good deal...I may have to give it a shot...
    Thanks DougP
  10. DrSmaggs

Oct 15, 2003
    Endorsing Artist:
    I recommend the Electro Harmonix Small Clone... I'm getting the Small Stone for my bass rig!
  11. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Well, on the "really good, can't beat it" chorus pedal front, I'd recommend the AnalogMan Clone Chorus, but of course it's going to run you well over $100.

But, on the "hey, this kicks hiney for the money!" front, the miniscule Danelectro Milkshake Chorus is really quite good, and well under $40.

12. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    If anyone opts for this chorus, make sure te one you get has the "deep" switch option.

13. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
  14. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Thirded! My favorite chorus pedal.

In the under $100 category, the Boss CEB-3 is perfectly acceptable.
  15. mikeboth

mikeboth The last thing you'll ever see

Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Operator: prophecysound systems
    Am I the only person that finds this pedal very noisy? Luckily it is the sort of noise that is masked when in a band situation, but I have to turn the pedal off between sounds to get rid of the 'whoosh'. :crying:

16. poundround

Mar 8, 2005
    Lynchburg VA
    I would have to say my boss bass chorus is awesome. Its really simple and it makes solos sounds really alive. But if you got the green look into EBS.
  17. danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I' got an old Boss CE-2 off of ebay, and I think it blows away trhe CE-2B and CEB-3.
  18. Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Is the EBS really that much better than the Boss? I mean thats a lot of cash for a chorus pedal but if the Boss can't get the job done...
  19. SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Well, i just made a purchase of the Boss unit off Musicians Friend.

I figure for $60, if i don't like it, I can send it back and try something else.

I've never been a big fan of Boss stuff, but my ODB-3 has never let me down.
  20. Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Just ordered my Boss Bass chorus at Musicians friend as well, I recently had the digitech so I'll be able to do a compare review. Also got the Boss Superoctave, Ernie Ball Jr Active volume & a 2 loooper in Blue metallic fleck, sexy