1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recommend a good luthier in the NY Metro/Tri state area for a short scale mod project?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by CocoaThumper, Aug 29, 2017.

1. CocoaThumper

CocoaThumper

Aug 18, 2017
    Hey folks.

I'm thinking of getting a Squier Bronco for an inexpensive start to a fun little project. I am a short scale fan (I'm already planning to buy the Fender Mustang PJ as well). What I want to do with the Bronco though is change the tuners, pickups, and knobs & pots.

Depending on the pickups I choose this may require cutting into the body and pickguard. Stuff I cant do myself.

So who could you recommend in the NY tri state area?

2. CocoaThumper

CocoaThumper

Aug 18, 2017
    Bumpy Bump :)

3. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Find a local musician's group on FB & ask there.
    I know in my area there are basically only two guys people take their instruments to, one for mainly fret leveling & another for everything else.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I just can't help it. Every time I hear or read the phrase "tri-state area" this is where my brain goes.
    Doof.jpg

Best of luck finding your guy.

CocoaThumper likes this.
  5. CocoaThumper

CocoaThumper

Aug 18, 2017
    Talk about a mad scientist without much ambition. Though, conquering a small regional area is more realistic than taking over the entire world.

6. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    I had Paul Nieto of GuitarTech on West 14th Street do some cutting/routing/carving on a project of mine a couple years ago, he did excellent work. www.guitartechnyc.com

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 23, 2021