1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recommend a prewired P bass harness

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by micahwc, Feb 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Can I get a recommendation for a pre-wired P bass harness? I am planning on using a Lace Alumitone pickup. I can solder but its just easier to by a pre-wired harness and hook up the pickup to it. Thanks.

2. LoveThatBass

LoveThatBass

Jun 28, 2004
    micahwc likes this.
  3. The elek-trix looks nice; I cant see the other one at work right now; I will definitely consider the second one though. Thanks.

LoveThatBass likes this.
  4. LoveThatBass

LoveThatBass

Jun 28, 2004
    The elek-trix has several tone cap options they I like. I favor this one also

5. I used my phone and looked up the other one; its nice too. I'll have to figure out what I'm doing; I may add a second pickup and use the 4 way telecaster wiring instead. Currently selling a guitar, once its gone I will finance this project. Thanks a lot.

6. LoveThatBass

LoveThatBass

Jun 28, 2004
    Check eBay also. There are a few there also. I will say the one possible con wit the second one is the mini dip switches can be problematic at some point in the future.

7. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    i have gotten 3 p bass harnesses from kellingsound88 on ebay, with a 4th on the way for my new jazz bass. he does great work and very reasonable prices. ships fast as well. I would rather get them from him than try to take the time to gather the parts and do it myself.

8. LoveThatBass

LoveThatBass

Jun 28, 2004
    He has several different models on eBay starting at $25
    This one looks very interesting: P Bass Wiring Harness 12 Way Varitone Volume & Tone Pot Solderless KellingSound

Here are all that he sells (no affiliation- just think he offers some cool stuff)
    kellingsound88 | eBay

9. Corey Y

Corey Y Guest

Jun 3, 2010
    I used a prewired harness from Emerson Custom for my P bass build and have been very happy with it.

10. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Union County, NJ
    I spent a little more than folks above on a Mojotone harness that was very nice, but no doubt there are plenty of excellent options.

One extra plug for the folks over at Mojotone, I wrote a joke (two muffins in the oven - one of my favorites) in the comments field of my order, and when the harness showed up they had actually illustrated the joke on the bag the harness came in. Now *that* is customer service. :)

Randy Ward likes this.
  11. Smurf_Byte

Smurf_Byte

Aug 21, 2011
    Connecticut
    I just got a solder-less one from KellingSound88 on ebay. Easy to install and was only like $25 out the door with a fun little push/pull tone knob thingy. I'd buy from him again for sure.