1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recommend a small pedal board?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by slap5string, Jun 30, 2012.

1. What is the best, most portable and reliable, small pedal board on the market! Im thinkin VT bass deluxe, env filter, tuner and maybe one / two more tops. .....so 5 or 6 pedals.
    Thanks

2. Knettgummi

Knettgummi

Sep 28, 2011
    PT-Mini, provided they are all fairly compact pedals. Jr. if they are not, and/or you want more room to expand and the ability to mount a PSU underneath.

3. The pedal train nano is pretty rad for small boards, but the vt bass deluxe is the huge one with like 3 channels right? you might be able to get everything you want on a mini and power it with a one spot, or I've seen some people mount power supplies on the bottoms of those boards.

4. Fattony

Fattony

Mar 23, 2012
  5. ChronicPyromaniac

ChronicPyromaniac

Jan 25, 2001
    My vote is for the Pedaltrain Jr. I've got 5 pedals on mine, including the VT Deluxe, and if I pack it tight I could have room for one more. I'd go with that first.

6. That is a pretty cool board. The only thing is, if I need a Voodoo Labs power supply, that will take up space I need for pedals no? Im pretty new to using pedals and am not sure if there are any small boards with onboard power so all those power adapters arent needed.

7. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    I had been using a PT mini and able to fit a lot on it but have since moved up slightly to the PT Jr because of the ability to add a power supply underneath. My pedalboard is now dead quiet and had a little buzz with the daisy chained OneSpot used with the PT mini.

8. seedokebass

seedokebass

Mar 21, 2009
    Minnesota
    Those Salvage boards look awesome, especially the white tolex.... that would look great with my DB410 :D

9. Ah - thanks for the info. What power supply are you using?

10. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    Pedal Power 2 from VooDoo Labs. I didn't have a lot of buzz with the OneSpot, but once I hooked up to a 1000W amp the small amount of noise became more noticeable.

11. Knettgummi

Knettgummi

Sep 28, 2011
    PT Jr. comes with brackets for mounting a voodoo lab pp2+ underneath, so if you're planning on using a dedicated PSU with isolated outputs that would be a good way to go.

12. Thanks for the info guys!

13. Steveaux

Steveaux Safe-Guardian of the Stoopid

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    You can pack a lot of fun on a PT-Jr.

JR_05.

14. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
  15. seedokebass

seedokebass

Mar 21, 2009
    Minnesota
    Which one did you order?

16. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Why, tweed, of course..... ;)

DSC_0413.
    DSC_0414.
    DSC_0415.
    DSC_0417.

17. hyp.spec

hyp.spec Supporting Member

May 14, 2006
    Warren, MI
    No one has yet said go to Home Depot or Lowe's?

I always build my own boards.

Black Spray Paint, Velcro, Metal Handle(s) and rubber feet.

Parts will cost like $20 tops and you can cut it to whatever size you want!

18. sadasar

sadasar

Jan 21, 2012
    Dallas Texas.
    endorsing artist hard luck king guitars and knuckle head strings
    My vote Is for the pt jr

Attached Files:

19. Fattony

Fattony

Mar 23, 2012
    What size did you go with? Suitecase or custom box? You should post photos when you get the board. the tweed will look awesome with your cab.

20. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    I use the PT Mini with a T-Rex Fueltank Jr... You can fit and power 5 pedals on it easily.

Also very small footprint and easy to store and haul around.