Recommend a video/book/dvd...

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by damo2576, Aug 10, 2004.

1. damo2576

Aug 9, 2004

I'm currently learning and am working my way through "Fast Track" bass, published by Hal Leanard.

I'm looking for something new to learn from - there are so many books, videos etc out there I wanted to get something that came recommened....

If you know the "Fast Track" book it should give a clue of my abiltiy, I'm very much a beginner, just learning the strings, sight reading and basic stuff like that.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

2. Bruiser

Jan 12, 2004
    I'll suggest "Reading Contemporary Electric Bass" by Rick Appleman (Berklee Press) and "Bass Fitness" by Josquin des Pres. Both are pretty challenging, but will really build your skills.

3. millard

Jul 27, 2004
    I'm only in the second chapter, but I'm already captivated by the level of information and just plain good advice in "The Working Bassist's Tool Kit: The Art & Craft of Successful Bass Playing" by Ed Friedland.

I'm just amazed at the value books offer, especially good ones. This one costs less than $14 at Amazon -- I can't even restring my bass for that. I'm still waiting for the "Blues Bass Handbook" and will comment on that when it arrives.

4. damo2576

Aug 9, 2004
    thanks guys, will check them out!