1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

recommend an expression pedal 500K linear treadle

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by GentProvocateur, May 16, 2018.

1. GentProvocateur

GentProvocateur Supporting Member

I'm looking for an expression pedal that has the following specs:
    - 500K, linear pot
    - no strings, treadle or other only (so no Ernie Ball stuff)
    - wah enclosure, the micro controllers like those made by Nose or Saturnworks don't work for me
    - TRS jacks
    - not necessary, but it would be cool if it was mini

Anything out there like that? I can't for the life of me find anything. The closest I could find is the Mission Engineering EP1-TC G-System that's 250K.

2. What's it to be used for? Most are 25K or 50K that I've seen.

3. GentProvocateur

Yeah. There are four pedals I'm trying to figure out how to use their expression inputs while not taking up too much board space. Part of the problem is this one pedal, DigDugDIY Waifu lo-fi reverb that Johnk modded to have the sample rate control be controlled by an expression input. The original pot value was a 500k

4. GentProvocateur

I've decided to get an inexpensive wah pedal and diy an expression pedal

Alien8 likes this.
  5. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014
    Probably your best bet. Bummer John didn't do the full job for you - hope you didn't pay much as a result.

Hot Pots has a 470k version that may work.

6. GentProvocateur

Oh no I have no beef with John. He did a great job. It was a wonky circuit in a tight enclosure and he was upfront with the fact that any expression pedal will sound good, I just want the full range.