Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

recommend any live music on Oahu next week?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by andysvec, Jan 13, 2006.

1. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Guam
    So any hawaii TBers gigging next week or can you recommend anywhere to go? I'll be on Oahu from the 15th to the 24th for a conference, and may also get lasik done at panpacificlaser since it isn't available here on Guam. But I want to check out some live acts when I'm there, can anyone recommend some places or gigs? I'm open to any types of music. I haven't lived there since 98 so I'm out of the loop. thanks - Andy

2. Go see Auntie Genoa Keawe at the Marriott restaurant, thursdays at sunset; Led Ka'apana at Aloha Tower, tuesdays, I think. Check for Benny Chong and Byron Yasui; and Jerry Santos and Olomana. Everything starts at sunset; check local papers for performers and recommendations. Also there's concerts each night (sunset again) on Kuhio beach. Have a great time -- it's not hard.

3. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Guam
    Thanks for the tips jumbosilverette.
    I just found this too - http://www.honolulujazzscene.net/
    Looks like a lot happening these days.
    I can't believe I missed Tower Of Power by a week, the lead player Mike Bogart was stationed with me in the Navy Band for years and is a good friend, still haven't heard them with him in the band.

4. Good source, Andy. Seeing TOP in Oahu would've been fun.

5. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Yeah, Tower of Power played here last weekend but tickets were $45 :/
    Rocco's the man but $90 bucks for 2 people?!