Recommend DI box

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Emmaporkchop, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Emmaporkchop

Emmaporkchop Guest

Jun 23, 2009
    Can anyone recommend a DI box for me? I'm running my VT Bass pedal into a QSC amp and then into either my 4x10 ampeg or 2x10 cab. I want to also run direct to the p.a. during some shows depending on the size of the place. I love the sound I'm getting and really don't want to get the new VT pedal with a line out. I could mic the cab but I like the consistency of a dirsct box.

2. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    Earth
    Best tool for the job is a simple passive DI like the Radial JDI or ProDI.

3. chaosmic

chaosmic

Feb 6, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    Radial Pro DI has worked really well for me. Very transparent sound and roadworthy construction. For my uses, I couldn't justify the extra $$ for the nicer Radial JDI with the Jensen transformer.

4. Emmaporkchop

Emmaporkchop Guest

Jun 23, 2009
    That Pro DI looks good, so I'd just go bass to VT pedal thru to power amp and then DI to the board right? I've obviously alway had a line out on my gear. This just sounds too good to change the pedal or the incredibly simple set up I finally have.

5. Jim C

Jim C I believe in the trilogy; Fender, Stingray, + G&L Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Industry standard for many years, very available on the used market, and extremely well built = Countryman

6. AAR

AAR

Mar 31, 2011
    Greece
  7. JohnDavisNYC

JohnDavisNYC

Jan 11, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar, D'Addario
    JDI. amazing. simple.

john

8. MonsterBass101

MonsterBass101

Mar 3, 2008
    SC
    NVM

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021