1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recommend inexpensive hand held tuner for bass, guitar, and acoustic instruments?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by troyus, Sep 16, 2008.

1. troyus

troyus

Apr 9, 2008
    San Diego, CA.
    Can anyone recommend inexpensive hand held tuner for bass, guitar, and acoustic instruments?

Lost mine somehow... a backlight would be nice for gigs where I don't bring my rack tuner setup. Should have a mic to tune acoustic only stuff (like an upright)...

Thanks!

2. Lucas G

Lucas G

Jan 14, 2007
    masury, OH
  3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The Korg tuners rule. Mine picks up the low "B" better than any other tuner I've ever used.

4. Boss TU-80 assuming they still make them, had mine a couple of years, better than what I had before and no complaints.

5. jacobmyers

jacobmyers

Aug 28, 2007
    Jackson, MI
    Sabine STX-1100. It's the tuner I currently use and it's the best (meaning most accurate) I've used personally. Has a microphone for acoustic, brass, woodwind, even voice. And it's chromatic, so you can do funky tunings. It lives on top of my amp 24/6 (even a tuner should get a day off). It's not "cheap" but it's certainly affordable. Should be the last tuner you need to buy.

6. +1 on the Sabine.