Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Recommend me a 5 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by morty25, Jul 29, 2002.

1. I want to buy a 5 string but i dont no what to get so could someone please recommend some. within a reasonable price.

thanks morty :p :D

2. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    Spector

3. MusicMan Stingray. Excellent bass! Reasonable price. Also a Pedulla Rapture for a little more.
    A little above a grand for either of them.

~Ad

4. Morty, my recommendation is to find a five string with the same string spacing as what you are already familiar with at first. Spend some time alone with the bass if you can. Think about upgrades like active if you are using passive and check for the pre-amp packages and think about resale value and weight and quality when you are shopping around.

I have bought so many basses that seemed amazingly wonderful until they made it home.

5. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Go to a music store and play as many 5 strings as they have and then buy the one you like the best or something like it.

A price range and musical style would help us make more informed recommendations.

I have a Fender USA Jazz V and a Dean Edge 5 and they're both great, I'd recommend either.