1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recommend me a brand of "expensive" chocolate?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by RandomEvent, Sep 21, 2008.

1. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    Happy Anniversary. Well played, sir.

2. Godiva would have been high on my list.
    Also there are Ghirardelli and Wilbur Chocolate.

Wilbur makes an item called the "Wilbur Bud." It's kind of like a Hershey's Kiss but much better and severely addicting.

3. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Anniversary you say?

Nothing beats a Whitmans Sampler. C'mon dude, that spells CLASS. Only carried by the best stores, Wal-Mart, Dollar General, Family Dollar, etc.

[​IMG]

4. DeBrands Chocolate is killer. Seriously. I don't know that I've ever had finer, and working in Insurance claims we have very expensive chocolates shipped to us from attorneys all over the world at Christmas every year.

http://www.debrand.com

5. stevetx19

stevetx19

Sep 28, 2006
    Denton, Texas
    +1-my favorite

...i wish they sold this stuff locally. Sometimes i can find small stuff, but never the big blocks.

6. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Leonidas.

7. Thornton's.... Mmm.....

8. Go to your nearest Ikea, go to the Swedish food section and buy some Marabou chocolate... awesome stuff. :)

Failing that, find an Irish/British store and get some Galaxy. It's supposed to be the same stuff they sell as Dove in the US, but it tastes so much better...

9. Bob Lee (QSC)

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
  10. Bob Lee (QSC)

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Giving Godiva chocolates to the woman in your life is never a bad idea. Plus there's the subconscious hint that you'd like her to get like Lady Godiva.

11. mrokern

mrokern TB's resident Rush freak

Jul 20, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    Lindt is good, my wife prefers Milka. Hard as heck to find around here unless you order on-line. :meh:

12. Chicks dig the dark or 'special dark' chocolate.

Me? I prefer regular milk chocolate and I'm perfectly happy with Hershey's.

13. tink9975

tink9975

Aug 10, 2006
    MoCo, MD
    you should check out Vosges. Very interesting stuff available as bars (at world market, other specialty stores) or from their website or stores (Chicago, LV, other locations)

They do very unusual stuff, truffles flavored with chilis, unusual fruits and spices, and of course, the Bacon Bar.