1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

recommend me a cd to groove to

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by capnsandwich, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Hey all, I'm looking for some new stuff to put in my cd player and jam along with. I need something that will really let me groove and learn how to better navigate in the pocket. I've about learned every Dave Matthews Band song ever written but they are a great example of what I'm looking for groove-wise. I'm also into playing with Dave Weckl cd's and maybe some Vital Information too. Any suggestions?

2. Anyone???

3. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
  4. World Machine of Level 42.

5. adube810

adube810

Mar 6, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    the disco biscuits
    phish
    the new deal
    medeski martin and wood
    EOTO
    galactic

6. LowBSix

LowBSix Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    Aja by Steely Dan

7. pocketbass

pocketbass

Jul 6, 2008
    To groove in the pocket, you have to return to the classics. It may seem easy, but just learning those lines definitely help out the groove.

1) The Meters
    2) The JB's
    3) The Blue Breakbeats Series from Blue Note. This is a compilation of the original recordings that many hip hop artists have sampled from. There are many great basslines in these recordings. If you are into hip hop from the 80's and
    90's, and not this new junk on MTV and the radio, then this volume set is great!
    :D

8. jomahu

jomahu

Dec 15, 2004
    Bos, MA
    budos band
    tony allen
    nomo

9. livid

livid

Aug 5, 2008
    Toronto
    try stadium arcadium by the peppers, man

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021