1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recommend me a good guitar amp

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by NickInMesa, Sep 23, 2010.

1. I am looking for an inexpensive guitar amp in the $100-$150, used or not.

What would you recommend me?

It's for myself and visiting guitarist, when practice sessions, just me and him?

Thanks!

And I know, I could ask on a guitar forum, I am just too lazy to create a login.

2. What kind of sound are you looking for?
    You know they don't all sound the same.
    Are you going to keep it or sell it after your vistor leaves?
    Will this just be for practice or also for small gigs and/or jams?
    Does it need an effects loop?
    Does it need a headphone jack?

3. i doubt you'll get much guitar amp from that kind of money,so i'd consider a pawn shop special for fitty bucks that you can turn around and get your dough out of after

4. I already have a Line 6 Tone Port for solo practice, so a headphone jack is not necessary.

I am looking for something that would preferably have a tube preamp, could be carried around, etc... small jams, no gigs, just fun.

I indeed saw a kustom TUBE 12A for $79 at a local pawn, I can probably get it for much less.

5. Tendril

Tendril

Sep 28, 2004
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Look for a used Tech 21 Trademark 10. Great little amp, right in the $ range you want, can be used to DI, or run a bigger cab, and has VERY good Mesa and Marshall tones.
    Decent Fender tones.

Light, small, and pretty loud.

I've been through quite a few amps in my day, and for the price, these are kick -a**. (Profanity?)

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 14, 2021