1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Recommend me a good in ear monitor please .

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Catalin, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Hello guys !

Please recommend me a good in ear wireless monitor please. I have absolute no experience with in ears, so i would like to hear some advices from some one who have experience with such things.
    If it's possible i want a system for two persons. Sorry for being such a noob.
    This is the place where i want to buy:
    http://www.thomann.de/gb/wireless_in_ear_monitoring.html
    Thanks all !

2. shtik

shtik

Jun 8, 2011
  3. Thank you very much shtik, you reply is very helpful !

4. Yes budget is a huge part of what is possible. Quality Varies greatly. Be careful if buying an older Shure model if you live in the US. There is an overlapping frequency range that is reserved for emergency services. I found a newer company called 1964 Ears that makes custom earbuds. The quad drivers (Q4) have incredible bass response. Much better than my custom Westones did. Here is an exhaustive comparison list of earbuds.
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-237-iems-compared-akg-k3003i-added-05-07-12
    IMHO the buds are much more important than the transmitter/ receiver. Ive used the Sure 400, 500 and 700 models and also Senheiser 300 which I'm currently using. I remember trying to use one unit with 2 packs. There's so much crosstalk between mixes that it's pointless unless your mixes are very similar. Besides, running your Ears in stereo makes a HUGE difference in the musical experience. Be forewarned that your bass will not sound anything like what's coming out of your amp.

5. shtik

shtik

Jun 8, 2011
    If it is for an installed system in a club, I think that investing in the Shure SE425 is not quite necessary. You can inform the bands that you have the in-ear system and that you provide the basic included SE215 IEM's. They should bring in their own custom or personal IEM's if they wish.

The PSM-200 should work, just keep in mind that frequency selection is limited (you can select between 2 fixed frequencies on each belt pack), so if you're planning on getting more than two systems now or in the future, you'll have to play with different ranges and fixed frequency units. The more expensive ones are much more flexible while operating multiple systems together.