1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recommend me a luthier (battery box/output jack installation)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dave, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Right now Im mulling over the thought of having some work done to my Lakland. I did some searches and didnt really find anything to help me.

Basically I live in an area where there are no luthiers (none that Id trust my bass to anyways) and I want to have a side jack hole drilled and a battery compartment installed in my Lakland JO5. Im wanting to get the Audere Deluxe 3 band preamp installed and you have to have a side mount jack, not face mount like the JO has, and I figure while Im having work done on it getting a battery compartment would be nice so you dont have to take the whole plate out to change the battery.

Any ideas how much something like this would run too? Id rather not drop 150 bucks just to be able to have the passive tone control along with the 3 band eq, but itd be nice to have if something like this is a quick and easy thing for someone with experience to do.

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    TB'er Hambone http://www.talkbass.com/forum/member.php?u=842 could prob. do it, and he's in Hotlanta GA; I can't think of anyone closer at the moment.

You might want to change your thread title to specify your needs and location a little more clearly, as that will draw more/better responses. :)

3. Thanks Bongo. He was one of the first to come to mind when I was thinking about this, but I wasnt sure that that was his TB handle.

4. Anyone else?

5. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    My US JO4 was done by Mike Lull before I owned it. Basically there was a route done in the back and an 18v battery compartment installed, a side jack drilled and installed and a Aguilar obp-1 installed. The work is top notch and you wouldn't know it was aftermarket work!

IMG_1123.

6. Thats exactly what I want to have done, except I think Im leaning toward the Audere Deluxe 3 band pre with the passive high end knob.