1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Recommend me a reverb pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Ramza Land, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Ramza Land

Ramza Land

Sep 14, 2016
    I need a reverb pedal that does some awesome things. I want it to take me to outer space and beyond. Maybe one with delay too. Whats the word?

2. veryvery

veryvery

May 23, 2016
    CA
    Digitech Polara, maybe?

3. Ramza Land

Ramza Land

Sep 14, 2016
    Sounds beautiful.

veryvery likes this.
  4. FitzFitz

FitzFitz

Oct 14, 2014
    Fox Valley, WI
    Depending on your budget, Old Blood Noise Endeavors' Dark Star or Procession would definitely get some some cool spacey sounds. The Dark Star especially in my opinion.

I am Soma and Ramza Land like this.
  5. Ramza Land

Ramza Land

Sep 14, 2016
    Wow, that's cool! Do you have anything online of you using it on bass?

6. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014
    Wet Neunaber Immerse.

7. FitzFitz

FitzFitz

Oct 14, 2014
    Fox Valley, WI
    I do not, but this is from their own Youtube channel. Bass starts around 7:15.

lermgalieu likes this.
  8. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Earthquaker Devices is worth looking at. The Afterneath is a must-own for going to outer space IMO.

Products

cromag31, k.graz and Londo Molari like this.
  9. Blaargh

Blaargh

Apr 4, 2016
    For outer space madness? Earthquaker Devices Afterneath. I have one, it's the maddest, most out-there reverb you can get (as far as I've found). They've just announced a new reverb called the Transmitter, it sounds pretty crazy too and has an expression pedal port too, so that's something cool to look for. Still, I heartily recommend the Afterneath as the craziest reverb you'll find. I love mine.

They do the Dispatch Master too which is a delay/reverb, and if you want to spend a bit more the Avalanche Run is an amazing delay/reverb with a ton of unique features. Trying not to sound like an EQD rep here, but they make some really incredible stuff, especially if you don't want to pay Strymon/Chase Bliss prices.

10. Boss RV3 is cheap and easy to find. Not the best option, but you won't lose money should you sell it.

torza likes this.
  11. Ramza Land

Ramza Land

Sep 14, 2016
    I'm checking out the empress reverb. Anyone play on this?

12. zwkoch

zwkoch You can't do that on bass enthusiast Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    Nothing compares to the Strymon BigSky. It's not cheap, but it covers every possible sound and has tons of editing and expression options. A more affordable and still flexible unit is the SA Dimension Reverb. It also covers tame to super lush verbs with tons of editing and expression options. Check out the Will Cady demo on YT.

13. Homeslice

Homeslice

Nov 14, 2013
    I'd second the Boss but go with the RV-6. Such a sweet sounding pedal. The shimmer function is great.

gebass6 likes this.
  14. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014
    Red Panda Context isn't the greatest for outter space, but it's a good sounding mono Verb.

To go full outter space I would suggest anything with full MIDI control or expression inputs: Eventide Space, Strymon Big Sky and Empress Reverb come to mind. Add a Source Audio Reflex or EHX 8-Step Program and can do some wild stuff. MIDI control through a DAW like Reaper is completely out there. All lots of work, not the simplest set and forget kind of stuff.

If you want set and forget, go Earthquaker Afterneath or Transmisser, maybe Iron Ether Nimbus (more Cavernous than space) or some kind of reverb tank that isn't pedalboard friendly, like a Moisturizer.

15. eottjake

eottjake

Jan 30, 2009
    Fairborn, Ohio
    I love and use the Stereo Cathedral from EHX every week. Not as much as I used to in college, but it's super versatile and does lots of fun things :D (sounds like what you're after)

The Rage likes this.
  16. rjovin

rjovin Supporting Member

May 27, 2011
    tampa, fl
  17. Up the dose

Up the dose

Mar 10, 2013
    I've been using the Tech 21 RVB boost for about 3 years and I am extremely pleased with it. Very useful pedal.

18. JES

JES Supporting Member

Eventide's are also great.

19. Zoom CDR is a bunch of fun.

JES and FuzzFacetious like this.
  20. NortyFiner

NortyFiner Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Portsmouth VA USA
    OBNE Black Fountain. Nothing like those oil can sounds.

Zoom MS70CDR gives you a ton of options for chorus, delay, and reverb in one programmable multi-pedal.

JES likes this.