1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recommend me an amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mahumadi, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Mahumadi

Mahumadi Banned

Apr 19, 2009
    North Eastern PA
    I just purchased a SWR Goliath original 410, 8 ohms. I have $200-$300 to spend on a head used or new that can push 400-500 watts through this cab. Suggestions please? :help:

2. FanOfAlice

FanOfAlice

Nov 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
    Gallien-Krueger Backline 600, 300 watts at 4 ohms so around 200 at 8, still rocks

3. Peavey Tour 450... more than you want to spend, but you will get the most bang for your buck. New around $450. Have one, love it.

Hartke H3500... great amp. Always for sale on CL. You could find one for $300. Had one, liked it.

Ampeg B2RE... decent amp. I don't really like them, but there are many who do. Look used around $300. Played one for a few months at a friends house, never liked it.

4. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I recommend saving more money and buying something better than the GK Backline. I don't think you'll find a good new head with the power specs that you're looking for. Even finding a good used head with 500 watts IMO is going to be someone difficult in your price bracket.

5. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    If i were you mate i would spend a lil bit more and get a GK 700rb II!!...When buying a head it is better to not cheep out....You will find it worth it in the long run when you dont have to be replacing a craped out head or when you decide that you need something with a lil more jam...you will end up spending more then you would of if you had just spent the lil bit extra in the first place. And i would recommend something that is a lil more then you want when it comes to power.....I always say it is soo easy to turn down ... But how the heck do you make something go louder that is all ready maxed??? Best Of luck Mate!!! Cheers

6. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Used G & K RB Series Heads

Used Peavey Gear

7. musicbikeman

musicbikeman

Aug 10, 2009
    Michigan
    LMII, I got mine for 275. Just gotta find one and haggle it.