Recommend me custom earplugs

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by CapnSev, Apr 28, 2017.

1. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    So, work approved my department to go see an audiologist today to have some custom molds made for shooting, and he was cool enough to make me a free second set of molds so I can get some musician's earplugs done. I'm looking to see what you folks use in the world of custom earplugs. The only company I'm not real excited about using is Etymotic, due to the crazy prices! I've noticed that there's a lot more products out there than there used to be the last time I looked into this. Thanks in advance!

2. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    The only Etymotic "earplugs" that are expensive are the active ones

3. mrufino1

mrufino1 Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2005
    Nutley, NJ
    I have sensaphonics earplugs and they have been good, although one had the canal piece Rip a long time ago. I just got acs in ears today and they make earplugs as well that looked very nice. The iem's are definitely nice, so I expect the plugs to be of the same quality.

4. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    Good to know. I think I'd still like to explore all the options out there and get as many options as I can.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2022