1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recommend me some 4 ohm rated 4x10' cabs.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by El Raro, Mar 5, 2010.

1. I'd like some recommendations to some 4 ohm rated 4x10' cabs currently on the market...if any exist. I figured I'd try my hand at hunting down a cab like this rather than buying a 1x15' cab rated at 8 ohms to stack under my current 8 ohm rated 4x10'. I really can't afford lugging around that much heavy gear let alone fit it in my room.

I'm currently dishing out 180 watts of power through 8 ohms on my Ashdown MAG300 and would like to get full power out of the amp. I've tried a quick search on Google but I haven't found any cabs that fit my description.

Thanks in advance, TBers.

2. Shameless bump. Anyone? Anything?

3. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Just that going from an 8 ohm to a 4 ohm cab will have very little effect on your output, if any.

4. Z -Bar

Z -Bar

Sep 9, 2009
    Grand Rapids, MI
    How about a Marshall 4x10? They are 4 ohm cabs. I don't have the 4x10 but I do have the MB4210 and the MBC115.

5. gregwatts2008

gregwatts2008 Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Jupiter, Florida
    SWR makes the Goliath III in both 8ohm and 4ohm. I have one and it is incredible! However, if you already have an 8ohm cab, you may want to get another 8ohm cab which will give you 4ohms when used together. I agree with Bill, just changing out a cab for a cab won't help you that much.

6. mgauge

mgauge

Dec 21, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    I swear by Aguilar

7. I've said it many times before and I'll say it again, but the Carvin BRX10.4 neo cab is an unsung hero of a cabinet.

8. arjune

arjune

Oct 8, 2006
    SF, CA
    +1

I love my GS410!

9. Ampeg SVT410HLF,
    MarkBass 104-HF and -HR are available 8- or 4-ohm

10. David eden 4x10. They make a 4ohm and 8 ohm. These cabs are articulate with that deep low end most of us crave. Great cab!!

11. I enjoy ampeg, but they are heavy and expensive (hold their value tho). I think my Avatar does a great job though...

12. I LOVE my 4ohm SWR Golight 4x10. Think Goliath III tone but 33 lbs. lighter.

13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    That's a great one. Eden D-410XLT or D-410XST depending on your flavor of preference. Glockenklang Quattro, too.

14. Been really happy with my Ampeg BSE 410. Don't know the going rate, but I got mine for $125 used in great condition at GC a couple of years ago.

Was running an old 400RB (200w) into it. I now run a Neopak 3.5 into it (350W), still very happy with it.

15. pointblank72

pointblank72

Dec 14, 2009
    Cairns, QLD
    Avatar's 410 Neos are very nice and very reasonably priced. They're a 4ohm cabinet rated at 1000watts rms. Also reasonably light too.

16. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    Currently running (2) Ampeg410HLF's with Ampeg's B4R, works great has a what I call a Biker Bar Look and Feel, whatever that means.................:cool:

17. Whitbass

Whitbass

Jan 22, 2010
    Try everything you can, but try to keep as many variables as you can constant, like your bass and head....test the same, rather than whatever is in the store....

That said....Bergantino might should be on your list..IMO :D

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2020