Recommend some music!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Lloyd Christmas, May 6, 2004.

1. As I grow more and more weary with popular music I've been searching for something a little different to listen to. I've actually been getting nostalgic with a fair bit of 80's music, shaking it dangerously to the Tragically Hip, and showing my respect for Our Lady Peace and the Tower of Power. Along with that I've been taking in a bunch of Red Hot Chilli Peppers and good slice of Cake.

So I figure this would be a great place to look for more recommendations. If you wouldn't mind enlightening me, you could first download the song "Not fit to touch" by Cake and attempt to understand why I think this is the coolest song ever. Maybe I just like it because it is from the movie "Me, Myself & Irene", but I've probably listened to it 100 times in the last month. Anyhow, the above listing of bands could serve as a bit of a guideline as to what I am looking for (excluding the 80's music part) so if you have any suggestions of music for someone who likes Hot Peppers and Cake I'd greatly appreciate it. Now it is late and I am going to bed, I look forward to many excellent responses.
  2. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Instrumental rock or "noise/anti music"?:
    -Crime in Choir
    -Wolf Eyes and/or Black Dice

Weird stuff that reminds me of Cake:
    -Nomeansno <---hard to find lately

The "You like Cake? Naw man, check this shizz out" list:
    -Melt Banana
    -The Plot to Blow Up The Eiffel Tower

Greatest pop band of today:
    -The Shins,
    followed by

" " of yesterday:

There, you've been reccommendified.
  3. If you like cake, I'd highly recommend you check out the band Soul Coughing.

Also, if you haven't checked out Neutral Milk Hotel, now would be a good time.
  4. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    Blue October.
    everything from a "love song" to a flat out you get a violin player that kicks butt. for six months it's been in my CD player constantly. it's just passionate music.
  5. Thanks, keep 'em coming!

Oh yeah, and the Cake song I like so much is called "Hem of Your Garment", not "fit to touch".