1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recommend some songs for my band to cover!!!

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by mebusdriver, May 11, 2011.

1. O.k. I play bass in the Georgia National Guard. One of the bands I play in is a "Classic Rock" band. You'd think that with all the knowledge and awesome musicians we'd be playing some great music. However...... every time my band leader sends me charts for rehearsal I ended face palming....

So I need TB's help compiling some good songs to recommend for gigs. The only catch is that a majority of the songs have to have horns. We have a huge horn section and we like to use them. However, if it's a great song and there aren't any horns one of our members will write an arrangement.

I'm looking for songs from artists like Stevie Wonder, Chicago, Billy Joel, James Brown, and Earth Wind and Fire.

I'm not looking for stuff like the B52's, Kool and the Gang, and K.C. and the Sunshine Band.

While I do like a lot of that stuff it's a bore to play and it can loose it's mojo quick. The younger members are trying to move away from the disco and dance stuff. I'm only 27 and I grew up with music from the 50's thru 80's but I'm sure there are guys here who've been doing this type of stuff for a lot longer than me and have played many many many gigs like this. Please help!! Thanks.:bassist:

2. modulusman

modulusman Banned

Jan 18, 2004
    montana
    What exactly does what songs to play have to do with PA gear and sound reinforcement.

3. AshdownMad

AshdownMad

Apr 19, 2011
    Suffolk, UK
    Fair point but we digress...

James browns hotpants is an awesome n fun song
    Anotha awesome artist 2 play from around there is Barry White! ;)

4. sykes of christ

sykes of christ

Mar 15, 2010
    Learn some Big Star.

5. I accidentally posted in the wrong forum.

6. Dead Ringer For love.