Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Recommendation for PA for small clubs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Marley's Ghost, Apr 20, 2003.

1. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Well, It looks like I'm in a new band! :D This group is in desparate need of a PA for small clubs in the 500 - 700 dollar range. Any suggestions? I saw a Behringer 500 watt powered mixer for $300, and I was looking at two Speakerhole Madi 15 cabs for $199. Any thoughts on those?

2. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    I got a Carvin PA for my brithday back in October. Its 200 watts with 6 channels, two 10 inch speakers, has like 4 effect built in, came with a decent mic. Its actually really good and is awesome for small clubs. It cost $600 with the footswitch. I'm very impressed with this PA. My band has been using it for clubs and for regular band practice for about 7 months now and its very durable. I would highly suggest you check out Carvin PAs.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    the behringer stuff is great for the money. If you're looking to get good stuff for great prices, i'd highly reccomend it. The next thing besides a rack box for me would be a behringer compressor.

4. Marley's Ghost

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks. Now if only Behringer would ship the #@%! mixer. The online music stores have pushed back the availability two months until May!:mad:

5. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I use a pair of Behringer B300 amplified cabs.
    Depending on the situation they become my bass stacked rig, a combo, monitors, keyboard amp, wedges or PA for the whole band.
    I'm very happy with them.
    Very clean "pushy" sound, with clear highs.
    One of them was deficient when I got it a year ago, no problem since then.
    Quality control is not optimal at Behringer.
    They still make the best gear in their price range.
    us$ 350 at Zzounds

[​IMG]

6. Marley's Ghost

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Schweet. Nice to have multi purpose gear :cool:

7. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

You bet it is.
    It could be your solution, along with a good table.