1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recommendation for the purchase of combo bass amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Cartman86, May 26, 2011.

1. Cartman86

Cartman86

Jan 2, 2011
    Greetings.

I'm happy with Ibanez SR300 I recommended Alvaro. :bassist:

Now that I've been playing a while, I buy a good amp for practicing.
    I've been looking for and these are what I call the attention, caul which I would recommend buying.

- Fender Rumble 350

- Roland D-BASS 115

- Peavey Tour TKO® 115

Or if they know any better but not so expensive that I recommend.
    From already thank you very much.

P.D: Translated from Spanish with Google translate. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. Cartman86

Cartman86

Jan 2, 2011
    Someone can advise me??

Alguien que me pueda asesorar???

3. Fender 350 is a good all around amp for the money.

4. Metal Bassist

Metal Bassist

Nov 6, 2010
    Wales, UK
    I recantly played the 175 rumble and it was very punchy, sounded great.

5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Play them both, pick the one you like better. Enjoy.

6. I tried the new Rumble 150 head and Rumble 4X10 cab and it sounded pretty good, if you want to move to a head and cab and a new product.
    It would help to know what your needs are:
    Playing at home?
    Playing in a band?
    How loud?
    How easy you need it to move?
    Need more info.

S

7. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    The Roland depreciates rapidly. I see them selling used for half their new value or less. They also use some proprietary technology that may or may not make them more difficult and expensive to repair if needed.

I've never owned or played one, but considered it at one time. The expense, poor resale value, weight and uniqueness kept me from buying. I looked into Genz and Markbass and chose Genz due to light weight and customer service reputation.

There are certainly many others. Search the forum for combo.

8. pudgychef

pudgychef In Memoriam

Jan 22, 2005
    Chongqing, China
    anywhere I have seen both combos they are pretty far apart in price....I have played both. Wanted to like the Roland - but it always sounded like a noise gate and modelling artifacts were present in the sound.

Rumble 350 is a totally fine kit for the $$ - loud, decent tone....not too heavy (for what it is)

9. Cartman86

Cartman86

Jan 2, 2011
    The use that I will give is to practice at home either low volume or with headphones and carry a small presentation, then practice with the group where there is a Laney RB4.

To transport it is not so much the problem can be considered to be something big but not to exaggerate.

Posed Nutdog point seems important because it is something I did not have in mind. If you should fail me how to fix it will lost so rapid, because where I live there are places where teams Serving amplification of instruments, so I have to travel to another city for service, which will add it expensive for what you comment. I'll get more info in the forum on combos to see that match. Thanks

These amplifiers I have to order them from USA because I live in Colombia, do not. Well here Laney only offer you everywhere. Only some have Ampeg BA-115 or Line 6 LD150 and Hartke (the latter did not like the sound it produces) without behringer that if I do not care :scowl:..

RickenBoogie in stores where I have been not tolisten , so I have to use this forum and videos on youtube . :bawl:

It is the first amp I'll have and wish to have for a long time before thinking of getting another.

If you know one that I recommend would be great.;)

The most curious is that the Fender dealer in Colombia has not Fender bass amp, so it plays imported. :crying: :confused:

10. Cartman86

Cartman86

Jan 2, 2011
    I decided on the Fender Rumble.

For practice at home and practice with the group helps me buy the 150 or 350.

What has surprised me is that Fender's distributor in Colombia, is sanctioned by fender, not Fender amps for bass. I'm looking at the possibility of importing it from USA, so far have not succeeded.