1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recommendation on settings for Cali76 Compact Bass Compressor

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by pmad_bass, Dec 11, 2016.

1. pmad_bass

pmad_bass

Oct 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Can any one recommend settings for Cali76 Compact Bass Compressor for tunes like RHCP's version of "Higher Ground" and/or maybe Evanescence's "Bring me to life?" Or perhaps some sort of setting that you like/use for slapping.

Best regards,
    -PMaddy

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  2. Frellin Smesh

Frellin Smesh

Jul 1, 2016
    London
    Compression is set by your 'personal' playing dynamics (force/attack, strings, bass, active/passive, etc.)
    For Higher Ground, I would suggest settings your pickups to to 50/50 (halfway point), recommended Cali76 settings:

Dry Dial: 12 o'clock
    Ratio Dial: 1 o'clock
    Attack Dial: 2 o'clock
    HPF Dial: 10 o'clock

Input & Output should be set to 'unity' - meaning, when the pedal is bypassed, the volume level sounds relatively equal to when it's switched on.

Best of luck! :bassist:

3. pmad_bass

pmad_bass

Oct 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Hey thank Frellin. Yeah....that Unity thing....it amazes me how much gain various pedals have....and how scary it is that things could get if a knob if moved/bumped in transit. Still trying to bind a balance in regards to Unity with my Darkglass B7K....whereby I can hear/discern the effect, but not be too much louder when not engaged. Kinda toughre with compression....as it seems somewhat subtle (especially in live/loud situations).

4. blastbass

blastbass Inactive

Mar 8, 2016
    bombay
    pmad_bass and blindrabbit like this.
  5. Dave Hill

Dave Hill Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2005
    Atlanta, GA