Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Recommendation...........

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by georgecarter, Dec 29, 2001.

1. Hey everyone,
    I just wanted to say that I just got a new Yorkville Bass Master 200 for Christmas and I must say that it is the best amp I have ever had the chance to use. I highly recommend it.

2. Right on George!

Glad you like the Yorkville.I`ve never had the chance to test one out.But I`ll certainly do it should the opportunity arise. :)

Thanks for the recommendation.

3. The recommendation was my pleasure to post. After playing an amp that has a great sound and a good price for its size I thought everyone should have a chance to know how good it is.

4. george you are sure setting yourself up for trouble saying this j/k glad you like it

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Please compare and contrast with the following combos:

Eden Metro
    Eden CXC 210-C4
    SWR Super Redhead
    SWR Silverado
    SWR Baby Blue
    Ashdown ABM C-210H
    Euphonic Audio iAMP
    EBS Drome
    EBS Gorm

In the event that you haven't played through all of these, just compare to the ones you have. THANKS!

6. I have tried to of the bass amps. The Redhead and the Baby Blue are the two that I test drove and I have to say that the prices nearly made me ****! I think the Yorkville has the best price for its size and sound.

7. Ouch! :D :D You're a hard man, Munji!

He's right though, the Yorkville is rocking your world right now, but the others will make you wet your pants when you try them! ;)

Munji, any idea why/how the Metro can handle 600w/2ohms when it's (pretty much) the same amp as the WT400?

8. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    I'm clueless. How?

9. With a jug of milk. Seriously, I thought you might have an idea being an Eden man an' all...

10. Munji,
    What are you clueless about??

11. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000

12. Nightbass

Nightbass

May 1, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Yo, nil, it's not really the same amp inside. They just look similar on the outside. The Metro's power supply and amp section are beefier. They must have figured that combo owners would be wanting to run extension cabs, whereas WT-400 owners could just deal with buying the optimal arrangement of cabs in the first place...

NB