1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recommendations for a a case for my SVT II.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bluesgrunt, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Bluesgrunt

Bluesgrunt

Dec 18, 2011
    I know that this is a popular amp , so I'm hoping there is some consensus concerning a well enough ventilated protective case.
    Thanks in advance for all info.

Any suggestions for a reputable amp tech to go through my SVT II in the St. Louis MO metro area?

thanks again

2. WretchedExcess

WretchedExcess

Jul 29, 2013
    I think Floyd Eye has the contact info for the people you need in St Louis.

As far as cases go, I am using a Gator Case as a temporary measure. Not much room for ventilation as the handle impinges on the free space that you need for ventilation. SKB have the same problem. I've heard of people drilling holes around the handle to improve the situation, but I think the real solution is a better designed case for the specific application. I don't know of a good commercial answer so I'm probably going to have to roll my own.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
  4. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    I gigged my SVT-II (non pro) in a Pearson shallow/4-space for several years without any problems. These cases have a full inch of extra clearance on the fan intake side of the SVT-II.

You could also keep your eyes pealed for a used SVTRC head case. Ampeg discontinued these but I finally found/bought this one from one of our members here on the forum:

[​IMG]Uploaded with ImageShack.com

5. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    LS Electronics are definitely the Ampeg guys in STL. I very highly recommend them.

As for a case, I would get at least a 4 space, heavy duty road case. I bought a brand new 6 space, very heavy duty from MF a few years ago for about $120.

6. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    Obeid Khan also does amp repairs. He is legendary in this town. You will pay double.

The guys at LSE are excellent. I really can't stress how happy I am with their service. They absolutely know Ampegs as well or better than anyone else on the planet.