1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recommendations for a cab to go with Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SuperBassSam, Apr 28, 2010.

1. SuperBassSam

SuperBassSam

Feb 9, 2009
    Dorset, UK
    Hi all,

I'm looking for a cab to go with my new Genz head, but I live an hour away from the nearest music shop and they dont have a great selection of bass cabs so I can't really go and try loads out. So are there any recommendations that I could check out? I'd be looking for something for medium size venues, mainly for a smooth funk/soul sound but also occasionally rock.

Thanks a lot

2. grifff

grifff

Jan 5, 2009
    Towson, Maryland
    What is your budget?

3. trainwrecker

trainwrecker Guest

Feb 15, 2010
    I play Rock, Punk, Blues, & Country and use two Berg AE 112's with my 6.0 Shuttle MAX, and it sounds GREAT!

Is this a MAX?

4. SuperBassSam

SuperBassSam

Feb 9, 2009
    Dorset, UK
    grifff my budget is probably around the £300-£400 mark, and trainwrecker no it's not a max, just a regular Shuttle 6.0

Thanks a lot

5. SuperBassSam

SuperBassSam

Feb 9, 2009
    Dorset, UK
    What do people think about a pair of Nemesis NSP210s?

6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    The GB Uber 212, or 410 would pair up real nice.

7. I don't have vast experience with other cabs, but I buy into the idea that the best cabinets for the Shuttle 3.0 and 6.0 (non-MAX) amps are the specific 8", 10", and 12" Shuttle cabs. I've tried my 6.0 with Epifani and Aguilar cabs, and the sound is nowhere near as good as it is with my Shuttle 12" cab. IMO/IME/YMMV, of course.