Recommendations for a combined reverb/delay pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Hank Scorpio, Jun 10, 2021.

1. As the title says, really. Will be used for ambient parts on bass, between song soundscapes, etc. There's a few I've looked at:

KMA Cirrus
    Pros: can get really weird, lots of tweakable looking settings, seems like an absolute ambient machine, looks cool. The momentary switching looks fun, but maybe not too usable?
    Cons: have seen people say it's a noisy pedal, although others disagree. One footswitch on/off isn't ideal.

Keeley Caverns
    Pros: again, sounds great. Looks easy to dial in a good sound. Separate footswitches for reverb and delay is a huge bonus.
    Cons: seems to be quite a traditional pedal, doesn't seem anywhere near as broad as the Cirrus in different sounds that can be made

Also looked at the Source Audio Collider, but honestly it seems a bit big & expensive for me right now. I'd like to stay in the enclosure size/price range as the other two options.

Any thoughts/opinions on any of those, or something I haven't considered? Any help much appreciated!

monsterthompson likes this.
  2. NerdyOcean

NerdyOcean Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2020
    North Carolina
    I have had all three.
    Caverns would be my choice for what you want.

3. Thanks! What benefits do you think that has over the Cirrus?

4. TheLopp

TheLopp

Dec 30, 2013
    I haven’t played this one but I’m really interested in it, the Shift Line Everest II.

A+ Everest II

It’s the only product in their current line up that I don’t have... It’s quality stuff!

5. NerdyOcean

Feb 23, 2020
    North Carolina
    Flexibility and dual switches. It can do the subtle thing real nice as well as big ambiance. I really dug it.

6. mmbongo

mmbongo Regular Human Bartender Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    I have not used the others but I have a Matthews Effects Cosmonaut V2 which is stellar. Great thing about it is you can setup two different sounds and toggle between them. That being said, I'm selling it because delay is not something I use a lot and I'm selling off all my 'non-essential' stuff to pay for 'essential' stuff :)

Let me know if you'd be interested in trying it.

Hank Scorpio likes this.
  7. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    Might want to look at the OBNE Minim. I have the Rever (the previous version) and it is an interesting pedal, and it works well for ambient bass playing, particularly since the "reverse" option expands the sounds you can create.

old blood noise endeavors — Minim Reverb Delay and Reverse
    Minim.jpg

It isn't my favorite pedal, and I'm considering selling mine, but it does have plenty of uses and decent sounds (I'm spoiled with some of my reverbs and delays, so I've got tough ears to impress).

Hank Scorpio likes this.
  8. NerdyOcean

Feb 23, 2020
    North Carolina
    This is what I currently use.

Hank Scorpio likes this.
  9. BeauZooka

BeauZooka

Oct 2, 2007
    Seattle USA
    Earthquaker Dispatch Master

Hank Scorpio likes this.
  10. This hadn't crossed my radar before, but looks very intriguing - will have to have a look into it!

Any info or opinions you could provide on it would be much appreciated

11. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Simple - Wampler Ethereal
    Great with longer learning curve - Source Collider

I have both and I would recommend either depending on your tolerance to learn the controls. The Source does everything as long as you are cool using the app. The Wampler is a great grab and go with very clean response.

Hank Scorpio likes this.
  12. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer

Jan 21, 2009
    Québec
    ZXJXvc5.gif

monsterthompson likes this.
  13. It's so frustrating how the Caverns and the Cirrus are both so nearly there for me.

The Keeley has separate footswitches for reverb and delay, which is ideal.

The KMA doesn't, but it does have tap tempo (which I can live without), cool expression parameters, and a hold function.

Getting all of that in one is a big leap up in price and complexity. Shame.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021