1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recommendations for a new bass guitar

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dugrul, May 6, 2010.

1. Dugrul

Dugrul

May 6, 2010
    Hi everyone,
    i'm a guitar player for a few years now and i'm thinking about buying a new bass guitar to play with my band. we'll mostly be playing classic rock and my price range is between $300-400. thanks in advance, i'll give any more info if you want

2. Agito

Agito

Jun 27, 2009
    Classic Rock?
    I would go with a Squier Classic Vibe Precision.

3. I would find a used Spector 5 string...OR 4 string, if you like. I paid around $400 for mine, and I love it. Of course its the import version, but it is still very nice. It is my main bass right now.

You should sit down at the local music store, and see what feels right. I would never by an instrument without playing it first.

4. ericw

ericw

Aug 19, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    A Mexican fender p-bass or a U.S. Peavey (T-45, T-20). I think there's a nice T-20 in the classifieds right now...

5. Dbassmon

Dbassmon

Oct 2, 2004
    Rutherford, NJ
    How about go a play some basses an see what works for you. You are an individual with tastes and preferences. The truth will reveal itself if you go play a bunch of axes. So get off the computer and go check you local music store. There are a few safe bets. Did you really need our input to know what those are?:eyebrow:

6. LoveThatBass

LoveThatBass

Jun 28, 2004
    I second that! Much better quality than standard squiers. On par with MIM/CIJ's for a lower price. In fact If I had of closed my eyes, had some one hand me the bass, opened my eyes and played it but didn't look at the headstock I would have said it would have cost 2 to 2 1/2 times as much and never guessed it was a Squier (which I used to own).
    Just bought one in Fiesta Red from Guitar Center for $349 plus tax. I have had CIJ 51P RI, 2004 MIA Jazz, and a few others and I can tell you I am very happy with this bass.

7. Yamaha BB414 P/J. Solid build and nice tones for around 379.00