1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recommendations for a small 4ohm extension cab for an AI Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by denhamlee1, Sep 5, 2008.

1. I have an acoustic image coda. Great amp for my acoustic bass. Sounds awesome. See specs at http://www.acousticimg.com/products/...oda_specs.html. However, I also play an electric Schecter Stiletto Elite-5. It sounds great through the coda but I am needing a bit more volume, etc. Wondering what kind of speaker cab would work with the coda so as to boost the Schecter a bit. I am unfamiliar with the land of the electric bass so any help would be awesome. Dennis
    Edit/Delete Message

2. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    My only concern is that any regular 4ohm front-firing speaker will just drown out the Coda's downfiring speaker. However, I would think a Wizzy would do the trick.

W

3. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    if you like the sound of the Coda, you could just get AI's extension speaker?? No balance issues then.

4. bassplayer1960

bassplayer1960

Feb 22, 2008
    I play both an upright and a Rob Allen piezo EB and use an AI Coda R. I considered a different brand for an extension cab but ended up buying the AI for reasons of balance of sound (including visual balance!). I mainly use the extension cab for bigger venues or more often when I play outside. I play in an acoustic oriented band where the other members typically play through the PA which as a bass player prefer to avoid. By spreading my sound between the main and and extension cabs I can play at a lower volume so I am not ovewhelming the band mate that is nearest to my amp. Bob Gollihur is a great dealer for AI products.

5. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    +1

Having a speaker projecting to the front would be a plus.