1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recommendations for an Affordable Rack Tuner?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Entre Nous 2007, Mar 15, 2008.

1. ...say, in the $200 or less category?

thanks for any/all input..

i've got space in this SKB rack:

l_a431099023276601b5b49d6402dc3a9b.

2. Korg DTR-1000. There was one in the classifieds a day or two ago for $135 in near new condition.

Edit: Here's the link to the one in the classifieds. I've bought a couple of things from the seller in the past week or so and he's a pretty good guy to deal with.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415500

3. most excellent, thanks!

4. You're quite welcome. If I hadn't just bought a new one a month ago I'd have snagged Chris' in a heartbeat. The tuner is great.

5. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Best rack tuner under $200.00 = Korg DTR-1000. It's an industry standard.

And IMHO, there is no rack tuner over $200 that's actually worth spending the cash on. The difference in performance, features, etc. becomes a moot point above $200.

Unless you desperately need the pinpoint accuracy of, say, a Peterson strobe tuner, or if you somehow really need rack lights built into your tuner (a la Korg DTR-2000), you will not need anything more than the Korg DTR-1000. ;)

6. Can't argue with that....