1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recommendations for bass techs/luthiers in Vancouver, WA area

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Guiseppe, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Guiseppe

Guiseppe

Oct 26, 2003
    Vancouver, WA
    I'm going to be assembling a bass from Warmoth/Allparts/Fender pieces, and would love to pick the "locals" minds - anyone have a recommendation for someone experienced and reputable that you'd trust with a high end axe?

2. Guiseppe

Guiseppe

Oct 26, 2003
    Vancouver, WA
    PS I meant high-end in MY mind (and on my budget)...I know a lot of you have SERIOUSLY high end basses, I just don't want to have $1000+ of parts trashed by someone who isn't experienced....

3. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Check out my Bass Tech Referral thread link below. Might find someone to help you out.

Good luck.

4. Guiseppe

Guiseppe

Oct 26, 2003
    Vancouver, WA
    I suppose I should have been more clear so that others wouldn't read into my post - I never considered asking ANYONE to do the work for free. The entire reason I posted the original post was on account of I am new to the area and thought I'd ask the locals who was a reputable person to do the work. I've played 30+ years and built a few of my own axes, however due to time constraints and, truthfully, lack of wanting to do it myself I'd like to find a local pro (who will also get business from time to time on my other basses). Maybe next time ask a follow up question before reading so much into a post...

5. Guiseppe

Guiseppe

Oct 26, 2003
    Vancouver, WA
    Ps thanks for the tip about the bass tech thread. My bad for not searching for that originally.

6. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    I just requested it to become a sticky and much easier to find.

Please post some pics of your projects progess. Look forward to seeing pics when it's done!:bassist:

Sometimes Yelp.com can give you a few good references.