Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

recommendations for digital camera please

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DEFELDUS, Aug 1, 2003.

1. well, i've been wanting one for a while and im thinking about getting one. catch is, my budget would be 100-150 dollars :meh: i know i won't be gettin a top of the line at that price but do you guys have any recommendations for me, brands, models, specs, anything... i know little to nothing about them so any help/advice would be ultra helpful :D

2. The one that works the best for $500 :D

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
  4. ...duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh....

and someone bid on that why :confused:

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

Because it was a creative use of a bar of soap.

6. :p

7. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    dude, the bass guru has a nice digital camera for sale, and he really needs the money. its 325 i believe... poor guy, his rig got stolen :crying:

8. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    ... oh, didn't see the budget part...

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I would recommend that you save up a bit more and invest in a good digital camera. You'll thank yourself a few years down the road. In my mind the absolute minimum effective pixels I would get is 2 megapixels. I'm sure many would poopoo that but you can get good pics with 2 megapixels. For 250 to 300 you can get a really great 3 megapixel camera. In that price range I did a lot of looking into it and the Canon Powershot A70 and the Sony DSC-P72 have gotten really good ratings. The Canon is more flexible.

brad cook

10. *update*

the new budget is 300 dollars. any new suggestions (new only please, im too weary to buy used electronics)

so far from what i've seen i like the nikon coolpix and the sony cameras. i definately want a 3.2 megapixel camera (and i've seen a lot of em for this price) once again, i have no experience with these so any help would be appreciated
    :)

11. PICK

PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    i have (well my parents do) the DSC-P71. Its decent, does what its supposed to do and is very user friendly.

12. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    You give me 300 bucks and I have to buy another camera then I buy the Canon Powershot A70 again hands down. My brother also has the Sony DSC-p72 and it takes good pics but isn't as flexible as the Canon. I'd take either one if you offered. Another advantage of the Canon over the Sony is that, as far as I know, the regular Memory Sticks (not the Memory Stick Pros which are way expensive) only go up to 128 mb. The Canon uses CompactFlash card, which isn't proprietary to just one company, and you can get those in much larger sizes. I got a 256 mb card for 65 bucks and better deals can be found.

The above review sites are good as well as this one that was helpful to me as well:

http://www.dcresource.com

One of the sections they have in their FAQ is their recommended cameras for under 400 dollars. Here's what they say:

All those cameras are reviewed on this site and most of them on the others too. It's a good starting point.

brad cook

13. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    The Nikon Coolpix 4300 is very good IMHO.

Right here!