1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Recommendations For Great Shops / Sources For Vintage Amp Gear?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gull, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Gull

Gull

Aug 7, 2012
    Tampa Bay
    Thanks to TB'ers who turned me on to a shop out of Colorado with great Rickenbacker 4003 prices (see my other posts) -- I wonder if folks have any great sources for vintage dealers / sites?

I have an old Sunn Coliseum 300 that I am looking to pair (hopefully) with something like a 1x15 or 1x18 + a 2x10 - to hopefully = 2ohm. And preferably Sunn brand... but open to anything good.

Also planning on using the Rickenbacker 4003's stereo out to go into a wholly different sounding rig as well...

Anyway, wondering if folks have come across some great shops or sites beyond Craigslist and Ebay with good selection and prices for older bass amp/cabinet gear...

Thanks much.

2. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    There is a dealer network at www.gbase.com where you can do searches. Worth checking out. They list a 215 Sunn cab in Florida but it is only rated for 160W.

3. Gull

Gull

Aug 7, 2012
    Tampa Bay
    Great - thanks much b.o.t. I'll check that out.

4. D.M.N.

D.M.N. (O)))) Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yeah, gbase is pretty good place to look, but there is rarely ever Sunn products posted. Head to the Sunn Forums, that will probably help you out more in search for Sunn gear.

5. Gull

Gull

Aug 7, 2012
    Tampa Bay