Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Recommendations for reverb?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Gnobility, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Gnobility

Gnobility

Aug 13, 2003
    I just watched the Roscoe Beck video in which he says that reverb is his favorite effect. (the Lexicon multi-fx model he's using is several hundred bucks, and he just using it for 'verb)

Does anyone have any recommendations for more reasonably priced reverb pedals or rack FX?

thanks,

Gn

2. LWatford

LWatford

Jul 28, 2001
    Helena, AL
    Lexicon has had several good cheap boxes with decent reverb in them...look into the LXP-1, the MPX-100, and the Reflex/Alex.

3. 2pods

2pods

Mar 27, 2002
    Scotland
    Have a look at some of the TC Electronics fx.
    :bassist:

4. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    EBS sounded very nice too me.

5. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    EHX Holy Grail!...

Just picked it up and I LOOOOOOOOOVE it!.. And I traded for it, which is great!..

Alex

p.s. the spring emulation rocks....

6. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I'm digging the Boss Reverb/Delay. Didn't care for the Holy Grail one bit.

7. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Is that the RV-3? I just picked up one used on evilBay, since it's combined reverb/delay. I see Boss don't make a combined reverb/delay pedal anymore.

I tried the EBS, and while it had some nice features i.e. tone on the reverb sound, I found it a bit limited in what it could do since you can't adjust the reverb length and can only essentially select from presets. They were good presets, but I want more versatility for that type of money.

8. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    care to elaborate?.. I got it for the spring emulation, and it does it very well... The RV3 is in a class of its own - but I also find that pedal very metalic in sound....

Alex

9. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Oops... Sorry, I meant this one:

[​IMG]

I felt that the Holy Grail was too fake sounding. I could hear the digital-ness of the 'verb. Haven't tried the Holier Grail yet, so perhaps that's better. I dig the Boss because not only did I think it sounded better, but it has stereo ins and outs, which is great when you are running multiple stereo signals like I do.

10. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    The RV-5 is reverb only, right? It sounded very cool, but I wanted some delay also so I got the RV-3 which has 4 reverb and 3 delay models. Since it's a chilly digital Boss pedal, it'll be going in a loooper loop.

11. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Yup, reverb only. None of that cold delay stuff. I'm going to score a Maxon AD900 for that.

12. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I've got an older Furman rackmount spring reverb. I'm not exactly sure what model it is, but it sounds pretty good. The reverb tank only has 3, springs, though, and I'm used to tanks with 6 on my amps, so I'm probably going to change that over, but other wise, I'm happy with it.