1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recommendations for Self-Recording Gear?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Pete G, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Pete G

Pete G

Dec 31, 2001
    Northern Virginia
    I want a basic set-up to allow me to record my practices so that I can honestly hear what I sound like and take corrective steps.

I don't need something commercial quality, or even high enough quality to post to the internet (horrors! -- for you and me!). But if something that works well for practice DOES produce reasonably good quality sound at a reasonable cost, that's great too.

I don't care too much about cost, but ease of use is very important to me. I'm not very technically capable.

Any recommendations appreciated!

2. BassBot

BassBot

Oct 31, 2006
    San Francisco
    Our reed player recorded our rehearsals with a small, handheld Sony MD player with an attached mic. Later he dumped the sound files into his computer and converted them into wav or MP3. The quality was pretty good. Hear for yourself: www.myspace.com/ociomusic.

3. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY