Recommendations needed for rackmount Delay

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Newget, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Newget

Mar 10, 2006
    Hello, I'm looking for rec's and info on rackmount delay for bass. I've only looked at the Behringer (model forgot) and the Alesis midiverb4 so I really have no idea whats out there. I currently use an EHX Deluxe Memory Man and while it has a cool organic sound it distorts far to much with bass. I figure rackmount because I really don't want anymore stomps, just more clear foot room. I've only considered the boss dd-20 in the stomp category. I'm really just looking for a quality delay that sounds clear, crisp and clean. I'm using a few basses all through an Eden WT330> NSP 2x12. Budget is maxed at $400, $200 would be nice.
  2. well, i have a rocktron intellefex online and that has a good delay on it...its not that expensive, and the quality is pretty good to my ears
  3. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    At most price points, for a rackmount delay you really can't get any better than Lexicon.
  4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    +1 on the Lexicon, in terms of "best clean-sounding rack delay for $200". They have a low-cost model with no menus (just a few rotary controls) which I like for easy use in a live setting.
  5. In pedal form, try a Line 6 DL4 - unless you really need it in a rack.
  6. idoru

Dec 18, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    Try to find an ex-studio Alesis Quadraverb. Mine dates to 1991, is in pristine condition & has more uses than just delay - and I paid AUS $130 for it :)
  7. I got me a Boss DM-100 ( ). It's an analogue box and sounds amazing has only got a 300/400ms delay though according to Harmony Central. It also has built in chorus that sounds so thick, much thicker than I can get out of the CEB-3 i've got. A cracking analogue delay if you can find one.
    I *coughs* aquired this box from a friend and i've looked on the 'bay several times and haven't seen one, however it's bigger brother the DM-300 sold on ebay for $200US.
    I used a Alesis Midiverb4 on some vocals once and it did some pretty interesting stuff. Like others have said Lexicon and Alesis stuff is pretty good.