1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recommendations On Attaching Pedals to a Velcro Board

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by srxplayer, Apr 11, 2009.

1. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I have been looking through the search function and came up with nada.

What do any of you recommend to secure pedals to a velcro pedal board? I have an SKB powered pedal board that I have used for a couple of years and have put up with this problem for too long.

I have six pedals on this board and they are all secured to the surface of this board with velcro tape. I have used a product that I got from Home Depot and I cut it to fit and stick it to the bottom of the pedal. The problem is that all of my pedals except my Sansamp (Boss ODB-3, TU-2 Tuner, NS-2 Noise Supressor, CEB-3 Chorus, Digitech SynthWhah and the Sansamp BDDI) have that non-skid rubber backing and the velcro tape doesn't stick that well to the rubber. If you are not very careful when transporting the board to a gig the tape will peal away and the pedal falls off the board. Tonight was the last straw.

I can't afford a new board right now so I need some help on fixing this problem. Any suggestions would be aprreciated.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Are you getting the real heavy duty velcro or the cheap stuff? The heavy duty stuff should stick to anything.

3. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Do you mean the hook & loop (Velcro) or the tape adheasive?

The Velcro sticks to each other like they are welded together. It's the adheasive side of the Velcro tape that has to stick to the rubber bottom of the pedal that is the problem for me. I find the pedal detached from the board and the velcro still stuck to the board if I'm not careful enough.

4. Smear a little crazy glue on the tape before you stick it to the rubber. Works.