Recommendations on cab to pair with Mesa M-Pulse 600 and Powerhouse 210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Two Percent, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Two Percent

Two Percent

Dec 18, 2008
    I have a Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 600 that I currently run through a Mesa Powerhouse 210 and an SWR Big Ben 118. I'm thinking about getting rid of the SWR and pairing the PH210 with another Mesa Powerhouse cab. Which do you recommend?

I'm currently leaning towards another PH210 or a PH115.

Thanks!

2. If your 210 is 8ohms and I'm correct that the MPulse is 2 ohm stable then maybe consider a 4 ohm 4x10 for S, M, L options.

3. Two Percent

Two Percent

Dec 18, 2008
    The 210 is 8 ohms. M-Pulse 600's minimum recommended load is 4 ohms. I have run it with both 8 ohm and 4 ohm cabs hooked up at the same time, for 2.67 ohms. The amp didn't run hot, but I plan to get another 8 ohm cab to be safe.

4. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    PH212 :bassist:

5. If it's says 4 ohms, it says 4 ohms. I'd listen too.

Get another 210 to be safe, unless you try it first with the 115 and prefer it. The tall, end on end 4x10 will probably please you most.

6. Two Percent

Two Percent

Dec 18, 2008
    Why is it better to have the 210's on end?

7. a vertical array allows for better off axis response

8. Two Percent

Two Percent

Dec 18, 2008
    Better 'off axis response'...translation please. How will the sound be different?

9. A simple way to put it is that it will sound the "same" in more places. Rather then directly in front of the cabs being the only place you hear Mids, you will be able to hear them around the stage. Additionally, with cones closet to your ear it will be easier to hear in general.

10. Two Percent

Two Percent

Dec 18, 2008
    OK, thanks!

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021