1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recommendations on which MXR Phase 90 pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gwangi, Nov 4, 2013.

1. gwangi

gwangi Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Forbidden Valley
    Okay I didn't think this was going to be an issue but it is, between the 3 different MXR Phase 90 pedals: MXR '74 Vintage Phase 90, MXR Phase 90 Bock version or the MXR Custom Shop Script Phase 90 which is the better pedal?
    I'm really looking at the MXR '74 Vintage Phase 90 but really disappointed that it is only 9v battery supply, no power supply capabilities, I'm not sure if this could get modded but an expert pedal guru or not but that is why I'm posting this thread to find out what everybody else thinks would be the better route to go.
    So which one of these is the pedal to go with?

2. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    I use the evh model.
    It has both the script sound and block sound in the one box.
    Makes it super versatile IMO

3. Vlad5

Vlad5 Chronic Knob Twiddling Tone Chaser

Feb 17, 2011
    New England
    +1 to the above. Just what I was thinking.

4. mouthmw

mouthmw

Jul 19, 2009
    Croatia
    Block logo sounded the best to me on bass. Script is subtler. Phase 100 is perfect though (IMO IME), less chewy and wonderful in mix (especially with a fuzz).

5. I just bought the Block Lettered Phase 90 and really like it. If you search back a few pages one of our well respected members Smeet, tested 6 Phasers and recorded them. The results are worth checking out. I think the link is called Phaser shoot out.

6. gwangi

gwangi Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Forbidden Valley
    Hey thank you very much for the info SVLILIOUKALANI.