1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recommendations: Pickups for dirty tone??

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Mahoney, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Mahoney

Mahoney

Sep 23, 2008
    Hey guys, I'm not new to playing, but new to exploring getting a more appropriate sound according to my tastes.
    I've an old custom bass, have no idea what make, its a lovely piece of wood and it plays great, recently discovered flea series boomer strings and love them.
    Definately looking for a feel kinda like say the first Funkadelic album or the first Betty Davis album with Larry Graham, and am quite partial to Primus - Frizzle Fry and Flea on early chilli peppers or like Get on top on californication although dont much like music man and ofcourse Norwood from fishbone is my hero, love the warwick chunk.
    So I'm looking for new pickups, got a p-bass style setup and have no idea where to start, just looking for some advice.

Kinda lame but if you check this you might be able to see my idea,
    www.myspace.com/godgoddammitdammitband
    the first 2 songs are newly recorded and the last 2 oldly, you can get the idea I think, I love the sound, reckon its the right idea but live I dont have enough power at all, and I really gotta so next m gonna explore an awesome head but thought I'd do pickups first any help would be awesome.
    Cheers guys!

2. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL