Recommendations? Power amp for SansAmp RBI

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kin Korn Karn, Oct 26, 2002.

1. Hi folks, I'm putting together a bass rig and I'll be using a SansAmp RBI as my preamp. I was wondering if anyone else here was using that as a preamp, and what power amp you were using for it? I'm looking at the QSC RMX 1450 right now.

2. I use an RBI with a Carvin R1000 head for power.It has the same power components as the Carvin DCM1000 power amp.225w.@8ohm/ch,350w.@4ohm/ch,500w.@2ohm/ch or 700w.@8ohm bridged or1000w.4ohm bridged.Ive used this amp in all the configurations,including bridged at 4ohms and it has never let me down.It has plenty of power and doesn't cost much.The only speakers it has trouble with are Acmes when bridged at 4ohms.Otherwise it's very dependable.I love my RBI,it sounds much better than the preamp in the Carvin.I've haven't heard any bad reports on QSC amps either so I'd compare the specs like power and weight.Good choice of preamps.:D
  3. The San Amp Pre-Amp should work well with just about any decent power amp. The important factor is to look at the power requirements and load factors of the speaker cabs you will be using. You might also consider weight and size. If it is weight and size then Stewart is the choice . If it is dollar per watt then I think the QSC RMX series and the Carvin DCM are good choices. If it is rock hard reliability at just about any load. Crown Macro Tech is tough to beat but they are expensive. This has been my experience and I'm old.:p