Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Recommendations

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Billdog, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Billdog

Billdog

Feb 27, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    So... My Squier is dieing. It's sad. I really got attached to that bass. It is the sound in my head. But it's so noisy and not worth getting fixed. I want a 6-string too! :) Anyways, I would like you guys/girls to provide your 2 cents on quality sixers. I like a very flexible tone. I'm a one-bass kind of guy. I don't dig grindy rock tone, but then I can't think of a lot of sixes with that vibe. I really like the Wooten tone, but when I get close to that I find it doesn't sit in the mix well. My favorite tone is not a very present one. It's very clear, almost jazz-guitar like, but obviously more in the bass range :). Anyways, this post is long enough. I know you guys are going to say try everything, and I will. I just like to hear outside opinions.

p.s. Price range is definitely under $2000. Preferably around $1000. Basically new Carvin kind of pricing. (I have been considering that option. I did seem to like the 5 I tried at Bass Emporium.)

2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    From what you've suggested I'd say a Yamaha, you can't go wrong with their sixers.

3. Billdog

Billdog

Feb 27, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Apparently nickg1823 and I are in the same market... Sorry about the excessive post. If you don't mind I'd still like to hear from all of you though. I'll keep reading his.