1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Recommendations

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Billdog, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Billdog

Billdog

Feb 27, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    So... My Squier is dieing. It's sad. I really got attached to that bass. It is the sound in my head. But it's so noisy and not worth getting fixed. I want a 6-string too! :) Anyways, I would like you guys/girls to provide your 2 cents on quality sixers. I like a very flexible tone. I'm a one-bass kind of guy. I don't dig grindy rock tone, but then I can't think of a lot of sixes with that vibe. I really like the Wooten tone, but when I get close to that I find it doesn't sit in the mix well. My favorite tone is not a very present one. It's very clear, almost jazz-guitar like, but obviously more in the bass range :). Anyways, this post is long enough. I know you guys are going to say try everything, and I will. I just like to hear outside opinions.

p.s. Price range is definitely under $2000. Preferably around $1000. Basically new Carvin kind of pricing. (I have been considering that option. I did seem to like the 5 I tried at Bass Emporium.)

2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    From what you've suggested I'd say a Yamaha, you can't go wrong with their sixers.

3. Billdog

Billdog

Feb 27, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Apparently nickg1823 and I are in the same market... Sorry about the excessive post. If you don't mind I'd still like to hear from all of you though. I'll keep reading his.