1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ChristineMFer, Aug 29, 2005.

1. ChristineMFer

ChristineMFer

Jul 28, 2005
    Hello all,
    I currently own an American G & L L2000, an American P Bass (w/ Warmoth Jazz Neck), an Ibanez Roadstar II and a Yamaha RBX.

I love my American P Bass w/ jazz neck, but the bass is really freaking heavy. I'm looking for another bass that is similiar to this, yet lighter and possibly with a flatter finger board radius. For a while I was considering the Lakland B Glaub, but then I found out the skylines are no longer offered with the alternate 1.5" neck.

So, I thought I'd ask you guys for suggestions. Got any recommendations?

2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Check out
    www.warmoth.com

You can buy all the pieces seperate, and Nino Valenti can build it. I've inquired about a double neck for him to build, which I am DEFINATELY going to get when the money is right.

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Since he's looking for a flatter radius then his Warmoth J neck, my basses aren't for him becuase I use Warmoth necks and bodies. :)

4. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Try a Modulus Genesis J-Bass Neck. It has a compound Radius from 10 - 14 degress or you can go with the Quantum Jazz neck at a straight 14 degree radius. Both offer the 1-1/2" nut, but one is fully graphite and the other is Alder wraped graphite. I have the Genesis Jazz neck and I love it. However mine is wrapped in Ceder (Soma).