Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ChristineMFer, Aug 29, 2005.

1. ChristineMFer

ChristineMFer

Jul 28, 2005
    Hello all,
    I currently own an American G & L L2000, an American P Bass (w/ Warmoth Jazz Neck), an Ibanez Roadstar II and a Yamaha RBX.

I love my American P Bass w/ jazz neck, but the bass is really freaking heavy. I'm looking for another bass that is similiar to this, yet lighter and possibly with a flatter finger board radius. For a while I was considering the Lakland B Glaub, but then I found out the skylines are no longer offered with the alternate 1.5" neck.

So, I thought I'd ask you guys for suggestions. Got any recommendations?

2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Check out
    www.warmoth.com

You can buy all the pieces seperate, and Nino Valenti can build it. I've inquired about a double neck for him to build, which I am DEFINATELY going to get when the money is right.

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Since he's looking for a flatter radius then his Warmoth J neck, my basses aren't for him becuase I use Warmoth necks and bodies. :)

4. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Try a Modulus Genesis J-Bass Neck. It has a compound Radius from 10 - 14 degress or you can go with the Quantum Jazz neck at a straight 14 degree radius. Both offer the 1-1/2" nut, but one is fully graphite and the other is Alder wraped graphite. I have the Genesis Jazz neck and I love it. However mine is wrapped in Ceder (Soma).